The investment process follows a defined protocol, in line with company policy. Internal procedures enable each management team to analyze proposals in detail and to correctly evaluate investment opportunities, paying special attention to the risk-return profile, with the aim to optimize value for investors.
The Investments selection in each area of business takes place through the following steps:
- The opportunity, being either internally generated or based on referrals, is internally managed with the support of specialized advisors and of the entire network.
- The management team evaluates the proposal fit with the managed fund and prepares an information memorandum.
- In parallel with the evaluation of the investment opportunity, the team starts due diligence activities, also involving the corporate compliance, anti-recycling and risk management functions.
- The information memo is sent to the dedicated investment committee, for a further level of evaluation.
- In case of positive feedback from the investment committee, the opportunity is presented to the management board, which is in charge of the final investment decision.
- After the approval by the Board of Directors the management team formally receives the power and delegated authority to complete the Investment.